SalesGym Research and interviews
At SalesGym, we do a lot of research, testing of sales teams, and interviews with sales leaders. With regard to the interviews, the quotes they generate are typically used in four different ways:
Currently, interviews are being conducted by Michael St. Lawrence and Dalan Siler.
Michael St Lawrence
Michael is the Founder of SalesGym and author of a number of books including the 17-week Times bestseller, “If You’re Not Out Selling, You’re Being Out Sold” and SalesGym’s most recent book, “Compete Selling.” Michael has done consulting on training, strategy and execution with many of the best sales teams in the world over the last 25 years.
Dalan is the Director of Research at SalesGym and the key person that makes most of our articles, videos and research come to life. Dalan is multi-talented and brings deep experience in sales coaching, training and consulting expertise. Dalan has his finger on the pulse of sales trends, global best practices, and innovative ideas that the best sales teams are finding and implementing.
The process for an interview and publication of the quotes and insights has 5 steps to it:
- A short interview preparation call (5-10 minutes) to get an idea of your expertise so we can prepare interesting and engaging questions that will fit your background, experience and current role in your sales organization
- Scheduling and confirming the interview … we send out an invite with a call-in number
- The interview itself … roughly 45 minutes … this call is recorded so our team can listen to it and find the best quotes that reflect positively on the interviewee and highlight the kind of thinking that drives better sales results that will be helpful to the broader sales audience.
- We extract and clean up the best quotes from the interview and send them to the interviewee for their review, possible edits and sign off. We do not use any quotes until they are approved and signed off. The interviewee determines how their name, title and whether or not their company name will be used.
- After approval, the quotes come back to us and our team looks for the best ways to use them. If the interview was good, we usually start with a Feature Interview Article.