THE TRAINER PROGRAM
Sales Trainers, Coaches and Managers that get certified to deliver SalesGym’s unique drills based training learn a radically different, far more effective way of practicing with sales teams. This approach is based on how elite sports coaches train and prepare their players for competition under pressure.
Drills Based Training
SalesGym Certification Methodology
SalesGym’s approach trains and certifies trainers and coaches to run a wide variety of drills that are best suited to the sales teams they work with. For example, the drills that would be a good fit for a short cycle B2C sales team would not be the same as the drills needed for longer cycle, B2B consultative selling where more disruptive approaches are needed. Trainers and coaches typically learn the SalesGym delivery system in phases that are broken down into a series such as sales messaging, or asking more disruptive questions, or presenting ideas in a more compelling way.
The following steps are how most trainers and coaches become certified to train and coach using SalesGym’s system and materials..
Steps 1-3 Are Typically Done in a Live 3-Day Intensive
is to experience the drills based practice system as a participant. A master SalesGym coach will put you through the practice drills you’ll be learning so you’ll experience exactly what a salesperson goes through as a participant. This is an essential step to learn the foundational communication frameworks because SalesGym’s delivery method is demonstration driven, not explanation or discussion based. This demonstration driven approach is largely what makes SalesGym so radically different and such a dynamic learning experience.
is to go through practice giving fantastic demonstrations of the influence frameworks that are the focus of the training. This is intense practice to be able to demonstrate a wide variety of influence frameworks around sales messaging, communicating differentiating factors, asking insight and trend based questions and communicating complex information. Highly effective demonstrations dramatically accelerate the learning pace of participants and in nearly all sales training programs, demonstrations are the weakest link. At SalesGym, fantastic demonstrations are the key to the program.
is practicing how to lead the demonstration driven drills you experienced in step one. This is a radically different approach to practice that uses a lot of repetition and short coaching suggestions with incremental challenges. You’ll learn how to maintain a high pace as well as how to keep repetition based practice interesting, engaging and increasingly more challenging. In step three you will deliver these practice drills to live participants in your organization virtually.
Each 3-day intensive
typically focuses on a critical selling-influence capability area. Each series teaches the trainers how to deliver 5 different demonstration driven drills that can be used in a wide variety of ways. Each series is challenging to learn and takes your training delivery skills to a higher level that will positively impact all other training programs you deliver.
Sales Messaging Series
- 5 training drills on how to communicate higher impact differentiating factors and value proposition elements
- Strong focus on communicating competitive advantages through the eyes of what decision makers value most
- This series has immediate impact on how participants use engaging questions to drive a more productive sales interaction
Leading the Ask > Listen > Understand first Influence Series
- 5 training drills on how to set up and lead sales meetings that are focused on better questions, listening, understanding and summarizing before selling
- Intense practice on how to set up the types of questions that reveal bigger selling opportunities
- This series combines elements of relationship and trust building consultative selling with more disruptive approaches to asking questions
Higher Impact Presentations Skills Series
- 5 training drills on more dynamic and effective presentation frameworks that enable participants to communicate complex ideas in a far more effective way
- The communication frameworks in this program, along with the practice drills, train participants to be more concise, clear and to the point
- Participants learn a more story driven approach to presentations
Disruptive Selling Skills Series
- 5 training drills on how to use challenger-style disruptive selling approaches in a way that builds rapport and trust instead of fracturing it
- Participants learn to identify and overcome status quo thinking that increases their odds of success with resistant decision makers dramatically
- This is an advanced program suitable for participants that have completed the other series first
Each 3-day intensive
is delivered to 3-4 trainers so they can experience the training the same way they will be delivering it. SalesGym drills are designed to be delivered in short, intense virtual sessions to cohorts of 3-5 salespeople. This is not a program delivered to large groups in a typical classroom environment and it’s one of the reasons why SalesGym training is far more effective. Each participant gets intense drills based practice. There’s no hiding in a larger class environment where participants get minimal personal attention.
Next Comes Co-Facilitation With a Master SalesGym Coach
After steps 1-3, trainers put together cohorts of 4 participants each, they can co-facilitate with a SalesGym Master Coach observing and giving feedback. The training is ideally delivered virtually so it is less disruptive for the sales team. Each practice session lasts for 60-minutes. After delivering all the drills of the series to a minimum of 3 cohorts, trainers are eligible to be certified for that series. If additional coaching is needed to achieve certification, the SalesGym Master Coach will provide that.
Pricing and Logistics
There are a number of variables that go into the pricing to get certified in each of the series. Variables that impact the pricing include:
To be absolutely clear, this is a more difficult facilitation approach than anything you’ve ever been exposed to. You will be challenged in ways you currently cannot imagine. Your facilitation, demonstration and practicing skills will go to a much higher level.
What we suggest is you set up a conversation with a Master SalesGym Coach to discuss your situation, your development goals and the sales team(s) you work with.
We can set up a demonstration of this unique delivery methodology for you to see at your company with your salespeople. You’ll see how they respond and just how quickly demonstration driven coaching impacts how they communicate.